Holland Adhaus is looking for an innovative and strategic problem solver to join the team as our Web Developer. This position is part of our Creative Department, under the supervision of the Creative Director working closely with our Graphic and Web Designer, SEO Team and Account Executives.
- Develop custom solutions including websites, plugins, applications, etc. to solve problems and fit client needs.
- Provide technical expertise and updates as part of the SEO team.
- Maintain websites and implement any necessary additions or enhancements, backups, and security features.
- Optimize websites to ensure fast loading speeds and test device and browser compatibilities.
- Perform technical root cause analysis and outline corrective action for problems/defects.
- Work with clients and AE to identify and document requirements for new projects.
- Participate in team meetings to communicate work progress and potential roadblocks.
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other company employees in cross-functional teams to achieve goals.
- Experience with
- Back-end development
- Website security and fixing hacked websites
- Fixing websites that have gone down
- Website maintenance
- Website speed and technical improvements
- Creative Cloud
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years on-the-job development experience
Excellent communicator. This position will work directly with clients to understand needs and offer solutions as well as explanations.
Strategic thinker and problem solver. We have a philosophy here at Holland Adhaus – don’t bring a problem without a solution. We are not looking for someone to find the quickest way to do something, but someone who can see the big picture and offer a solution to existing and new issues.
Lifelong learner. We are looking for someone who never stops learning. Don’t know the answer? We expect our team members to go out and find the answer themselves. We are a small but mighty team, and we’re still learning something new every day. Professional development is highly encouraged.
Reliable. Requires excellent memory, organizational ability, and the ability to set priorities, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet tight deadlines. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
If you can do all of the above and have additional skills in areas of design, digital marketing, or any other skills that could be an asset to a creative full-service agency, don’t be shy! Let us know that too.
Let’s be real. We’re looking for someone to be our in-house web development expert, not someone to train. It’s OK to not know everything, but you have to have what it takes to figure things out and make them work. That’s the thing we value most in our employees: grit. We are hardworking, scrappy individuals who have the guts to try new things and push ourselves. We are transparent and honest, both with our clients and with each other. We collaborate within our team, clients, and partners. We genuinely care about the work that we do and the people we serve. Oh, and we have a weekly happy hour.
We are a small team and we want happy employees. While we are looking to fill a permanent full-time position, we want to make sure it’s the right fit – for us and for you. This position is available to start on a 3-month basis.
- Retirement plan and match
- Insurance benefits to include health, dental, and vision
- Company provided life insurance
- Company provided Short Term Disability
- Generous PTO
- Free Parking
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual office environment
- Fun, energetic team
- Brand new office space in a historic building
- Adjustable height desks for sitting or standing
- Employee lounge
- Weekly happy hour
To apply please send resume and portfolio/work samples to email@example.com.
Holland Adhaus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.